Thursday 30 August 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today would have been Grandad Jones' 88th Birthday. Today I am thankful for the effect he had on my life. My love of geography and in particular, knowing the capital cities I contribute towards him. 

Every Saturday, me and my dad would go food shopping for Grandad, and in the afternoon, we'd sit in his living room and he would quiz me on the capital cities and my times tables. I always wanted to impress him and tried my hardest to learn something new for the next week. And although he is no longer with us, I am proud of my geographical knowledge and the fact that I can do mental arithmetic fairly easily, and I thank him for that.

My only wish is that we had enough time to do the capital cities of the African Continent, because I am truly terrible at them.

2 comments: